Research shows that 25% more of consumers look at sponsored articles than display ad units. Native ads produce an 18% higher lift in purchase intent than banner ads do (MediaPlanet.com).
At Kenya Geographic, sponsored articles run on our multi-award-winning Safiri Kenya Travel Blog and consist of between 700-800 words that can be accompanied by an unlimited number of original photos and video links for greater effect. We will then optimise your sponsored post for SEO using world leading SEO tools.
Once the article is posted on a relevant category, it is then shared across our social media pages and groups (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest). Media buyers can also get a byline for the articles they post if they so wish. You can choose a blog category that best suits your story or we can choose this for you. Here is the list with articles in each plus a short description.
- Bucket List Ideas(136)
Is a collection of interesting travel ideas to inspire a traveller wishing to visit Kenya.
Highlights gerat work being done to protect the environment in the country.
- Hall of Fame(4)
Celebrates the patriarchs and matriarchs who have gone out of their way to ensure a piece of Kenya's heritage is protected for posterity.
- Local Films(14)
Showcases Kenyan film in a Rotten Tomato fashion.
- Local Foods(5)
Takes you on a culinary journey of Kenya's foods, complete with mouth-watering recipes you can try at home.
- Stranger Odysseys(68)
Our own version of X-files travel where you journey to places in Kenya with phenomena that defies logic.
- Travel Hacks(72)
A series of survivor series-type of articles that equip you for your Kenyan travel experience, especially if you are an off-the-beaten-path kind of a traveller.
- Travel News(79)
The latest breaking news in the Kenyan travel scene.
- Tribes of Kenya(13)
Exciting profiles of the 44 tribes of Kenya.
Here are our simple guidelines to help you position your content to our audience:
- Content must be useful to our readers (e.g. offering helpful tips, advice or new information in the area of tourism, travel and conservation).
- Content must be about Kenya or relevant to Kenya.Content must be of the highest quality in terms of grammar and creativity.
- While sponsored content is marketing-related, it must not be entirely self-promotional (see 1 above) and hyperlinks should be relevant to the story.
- The author’s bio (approximately 3 sentences) can contain a link back to your website, which will be published at the end of your contribution.
- Content must be original (copy and images) and may not have been published elsewhere online already. All submissions will be verified for originality using Grammarly.
- Content that is approved for publishing will be published without notice. Please check the website and blog periodically to see if your content has been featured.
All content submitted is first reviewed by our editorial team and once it meets the above, it is good for posting. Sponsored articles are marked as such so our readers are aware.