Mutura has been aliased the African sausage. The casing comes from cleaned goat or cow entrails while the packing consists of a cooked mixture of blood and meat minced and spiced with onions and other spices. Mutura is very much like sausage – only tastier.
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions.
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic.
- 1 tablespoon oil.
- 3/4 kg boneless forequarter of beef.
- 1 green chilli chopped.
- Salt and pepper.
- 1 tripe approx. 200 gms.
- 1 cup of fresh goat or cow blood (optional).
- Prepare the stuffing.
- Precook the entrails.
- Roast over a charcoal fire.